The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level examination for admission into the Masters program. On clearing the exam, the candidate can also secure jobs in the government or private sector companies. GATE exam is one of the toughest exams administered each year by the seven different IITs and IISC Bangalore under the guidance of the Ministry of Human Resources and Development(MHRD).
The GATE 2021 is being held by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. It is to be held online on 6, 7, 13 and 14 February 2021. The GATE 2021 result will be announced on 22 March 2021. The expected date for online download of Gate 2021 scorecard will be available from 28 March 2021 on the GATE Online Application Processing System(GOAPS). A fixed time is provided for downloading the scorecard, failing which the candidate has to pay a sum of Rs. 500. Candidates can log in to the website by entering their details such as Enrollment ID or Email Address and Password. Only those candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks are allowed to download the GATE scorecard. These candidates go through the counselling process for which the scorecard is a mandatory document. It contains important information such as the candidates’ obtained marks, the cutoff marks, candidates’ score and the candidates’ rank.
Steps for downloading GATE 2021 scorecard
Visit the official website of GATE known as GATE Online Application Processing System(GOAPS) by clicking here: https://gate.iitb.ac.in/.
- Click the link containing information about the downloading of GATE 2021 scorecard.
- Enter your details such as the GATE 2021 Email or Enrollment ID and password.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to view the scorecard.
- Once the screen displays the scorecard, you can download it or print it directly from that page.
Score Card Details
The candidate has to verify the scorecard details with the details mentioned earlier in the application form. The scorecard details are as follows:
- Candidate’s name
- Registration number of the candidate
- Candidate’s examination paper
- Candidate’s marks obtained out of the total marks
- GATE qualifying marks(category wise)
- Candidate’s GATE score
- Candidate photo
- Candidate signature
- The validity of the scorecard(time till which the scorecard will be available for download after which a charge of Rs. 500 shall be levied)
- The candidate’s All India Rank(AIR) in that paper
- The total number of candidates who appeared for that paper
- GATE Organizing Chairman’s Signature
The Gate exam is no doubt tough, but it is not impossible to crack. Hard work and perseverance matters a lot. Different people have different opinions and myths about this exam. Let us go through what people who have cleared the exam, have to say about it.
- The most efficient way to solve a paper is to reduce the negative marking. Attempt only those questions first that make you feel confident. Trying to attempt all is a common mistake that leads to an increase in negative marking.
- Keep the GATE syllabus in hand and then go through the graduation subjects else you will end up beating around the bush. Solve as many questions as possible.
- Though the non-technical part of the paper is comparatively less, it still holds a considerable amount of importance and weightage.
- Take the help of various resources like books, magazines, videos, etc. Search for previous year question papers online and try solving them. In the case of any doubts, seek help from family, friends or teachers.
- Group study is one of the best ideas for increasing the effectiveness of your practice. Each member of the group can take up different topics or subjects and explain that to the rest. In this way, time management issues are resolved, and everybody can solve more number of questions.